Live recording of Christopher and Felicia’s wedding party, june 5th, 2010. The wedding was fabulous and the party simply rocked. The music is what I would call eclectic, mixing all kinds of different music styles (disco, funk, rock, punk, grunge, rap, balkanic, house, techno, and the list goes on). The electro heads might have less fun listening to it, but all the others less underground tainted should enjoy, during a long car trip or even for a party.
- Emmylou Harris – Mister Sandman
- Bill Haley & His Comets Rock – Around the Clock
- Ella Fitzgerald – It Don’t Mean a Thing
- Carl Perkins – Blue Suede Shoes
- Elvis Presley – Suspicious Minds
- James Brown – I Got You (I Feel Good)
- Aretha Franklin – Think
- Chic – Chic Cheer
- Geraldine Hunt – Can’t Fake the Feeling
- Reinhard Mey – Über den Wolken
- Aloe Blacc – I Need a Dollar
You might also like:
Another live recording during a 50th birthday party at the Palais am Festungsgraben in Berlin. A really beautiful place, managed by the famous Floris Catering. The set starts slowly with some jazz, then kicks off with a few regular disco classics to get everybody on the dancefloor, builds up and peaks the tension with rock classics and finally after several musical ups and downs as the main part – mainly the 80’s sound (it’s a 40th birthday, right) – it finishes nice and smoothly with Bill Wither’s lovely day.
This is a compilation of Disco and Funk tracks i use to play in my DJ sets. I concentrated on the end of the disco era from 1978 to 1982. As this Mix is meant for partying, the tracks are certified 100% boogying disco dancers.