This is the live recording of a 30th birthday party where I have been deejaying last summer here in Berlin. It showcases the other more mainstream side of my DJ skills, covering various different music styles from pop, hip-hop, rock, reggae, salsa, jazz, and to finally end with a fabulous Vienna walz. There is definitely something for everybody in there. Check the tracklisting for more info.
- Brass Construction – Get Up To Get Down
- Bernard Wright – Master Rocker
- Al Hudson & The Partners – You Can Do It
- Maijik – You Gotta Get Up
- Uncle Louie – Full-Tilt Boogie
- The Gap Band – Party Lights
- Mike T – Do It Anyway You Wanna
- Erik Rug – Tribute To My People (Laroye Disco Mix)
- The Controllers – I Can’t Turn The Boogie Loose
- Jean Carn – Give It up
- Positive Force – We Got The Funk
- Roberta Flack – Lovin‘ You (Is Such An Easy Thang To Do)
- 52Nd Street – Look Into My Eyes
- Skyy – High (Kenny Dope Edit)
- Raw Silk – Do It To The Music (Masters At Work Remix)
- Change – Don’t Wait Another Night (Version Edit)
You might also like:
A pot pourri of Rock and Disco classics with songs by Emmylou Harris, Bill Haley, Ella Fitzgerald, Elvis Presley, Aretha Franklin and many more. This mixtape was a demo tape in preparation of a 80’s birthday party where I was DJ and has now become the favorite mix of my kids.
Another live recording during a 50th birthday party at the Palais am Festungsgraben in Berlin. A really beautiful place, managed by the famous Floris Catering. The set starts slowly with some jazz, then kicks off with a few regular disco classics to get everybody on the dancefloor, builds up and peaks the tension with rock classics and finally after several musical ups and downs as the main part – mainly the 80’s sound (it’s a 40th birthday, right) – it finishes nice and smoothly with Bill Wither’s lovely day.